Daisy Clough website uses the highest level of online security through Sagepay.
As a payment service provider (PSP), thousands of businesses outsource their transaction security to them. It is our top priority to ensure that your customers' transaction data is kept secure at all times.
All transaction information passed between merchant sites and Sage Pay's systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted and any messages sent to your servers from Sage Pay are signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be completely assured that nothing you pass to Sage Pay's servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
Once on our systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign's Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data we hold is extremely secure and we are regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.
Sage Pay's systems are scanned quarterly by Trustwave which are an independent Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) for the payment card brands.
Sage pay is also audited annually under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and is a fully approved Level 1 payment services provider, which is the highest level of compliance. We are also active members of the PCI Security Standards Council (SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
Sage Pay has multiple private links into the banking network that are completely separate from the Internet and which do not cross any publicly accessible networks. Any cardholder information sent to the banks and any authorisation message coming back is secure and cannot be tampered with.
Sage Pay is controlled by Iris Scanners, which are the latest and most precise biometric security devices available for identification. As used by; chemical plants, airports, police stations, prisons and other facilities where security is paramount. No one can enter or leave the building without a valid security pass.
Information Collection and Use
On this site we will collect information from you in several different ways. By collecting personal information from you we are able to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customised experience. For example:
- You will only need to enter your personal information once.
- We will be able to create content for the site which is more relevant to you.
- Information, products, and services will be easier to find.
- We will be able to communicate new information, products, and services to you.
You have the option to complete an online ordering form when using certain parts of this Site or when purchasing products. You will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information during registration, including but not limited to, your name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number and email address. This personal information is used for billing purposes, to fulfil your orders, to communicate with you about your order and our Site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we will use the personal information to contact you.
Whilst using this Site, there will be several opportunities to enter your email address including (but not limited to):
- To request us to notify you when we receive new supplies of an out of stock item.
- To sign up for our email newsletter.
- To enter competitions.
- To contact us.
Your participation in a competition is completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and provide information to us. We use this information to notify competition winners and to award prizes. We may post on our Site the names and cities of competition winners.
Information Use and Disclosure
- Internal Use. To enable us to process your order and provide you with customer service we will use your personal information. We may also use this information to improve our Site's content and layout and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
- Communications with You. Your personal information will also be used to communicate with you about our Site and your orders and deliveries. We will send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance.) Also, you may submit your email address for reasons such as to notify you when we receive fresh stock of an out of stock item, to sign up for our email newsletter, entry to competitions or leave a review of one of our products. If you provide us with your email address, we use it to deliver the information to you. We always allow you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt out section, below, for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders
We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection - we primarily sell merchandise, not information. We occasionally rent personal information to carefully selected businesses. We may also distribute information in the following ways:
- As do most catalogue and Internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, it is purely to help them to perform their service. We partner with third parties to deliver products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, delivery address, email, and phone number.
- Similarly, to help you buy products and provide customer service, we must provide your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state of-the-art data encryption to protect your information.
- We may be required to disclose such information in response to requests from law-enforcement officials conducting investigations; or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law. We also will release personal information where disclosure is necessary to protect our legal rights, enforce our Terms of Business or other agreements, or to protect ourselves or others. For example, we may share information to reduce the risk of fraud or if someone uses or attempts to use our Site for illegal reasons or to commit fraud.
As well as the information which you provide us, we may automatically collect information and data in the form of cookies. These are small text files used by most sites help us keep track of your current shopping session and to personalise your experience so that you can retrieve your shopping basket at any time. Cookies also help provide us with information to help improve the website. We may monitor customer traffic and trends for this purpose
- Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored as text files by your Internet browser on your computer's hard drive.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to help us tailor Site content to users or to present advertisements on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any personal information collected by us.
- Log Files. As with most web sites, the Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this Site. We may also log your Internet protocol ("IP") address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
Opt Out and Corrections
Upon your request, we will within a reasonable timescale:
- Correct or update your personal information
- Stop sending emails to your email address; and/or
- Disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account.
You can make these requests by contacting us. Please do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive information.
Updates to this Policy
You have a right to rectify any errors in information we hold about you, and to change or correct any details you have already given us. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up-to-date. If you think we need to correct some information we hold on you, please email us at .
You also have a right to be removed from any mailing list we hold at any time. To do this please email us at , or write to us at Daisy Clough, Station Lane, Scorton, Lancashire, PR3 1AN.
You have a right to see a copy of the information we hold about you on payment of a statutory fee, which is currently £10. Before we agree to this, you must provide us with sufficient evidence of your identity and sufficient details of the information you wish to see to enable us to locate it.